Free bus pass for anyone of pensionable age or anyone over the age of 6yrs who has a disability fitting the criteria set.
Our Diamond Travelcard scheme contains four bus passes that entitle the holder to free bus travel in North Somerset. The four passes are:
- older persons’ pass
- older persons’ companion pass
- disabled persons’ pass
- disabled persons’ companion pass
Visit the government’s website Gov.uk to find out whether you are eligible for an older person’s Diamond Travelcard. This is generally in line with the pensionable age for women.
When you can use a bus pass
- on journeys starting in North Somerset, Bristol, Bath and North East Somerset, or South Gloucestershire; Monday to Friday from 9am-4am and anytime Saturday, Sunday or public holidays
- on local park and ride services
- on local buses starting anywhere else in England, Monday to Friday 9.30am-11pm and anytime Saturday, Sunday or public holidays
You can’t use your bus pass on
- Bristol International Airport Flyer Services A1, A3 and A4
- long distance coach services
- open top city tours in Bristol and Bath
Scotland and Wales have their own bus pass scheme, however you are able to travel on direct buses between Bristol/South Gloucestershire and Chepstow/Newport or places in between.
Diamond Travelcard enquiries
01934 426 426